Today’s What to Wear Guide is a visual guide on how white clothing on a white background works. White clothing with little ones can work really well, it’s simple, uncluttered and the focus is all on the children themselves without any distractions. White always looks good and will never go out of fashion!
- Texture is the key here. Embroidery Anglaise for example works really well because there is a subtle texture to it.
- Make sure arms and legs are visible, skin will balance out the white.
- Layers also work really well for little ones this also adds texture to the overall look of the outfit.
- Don’t be afraid to use hats, they frame faces beautifully in close up shots.
- Fabric nappy covers are brilliant for babies, ruffles look cute on girls.
- If you decide to go with white, keep white for everyone in the session, white can be overpowered easily by other colours.
- If you aren’t sure about all white, choose plain pastel shades in the same colour which are subtle and have a similar effect.
So overall don’t be afraid when choosing white outfits for a baby and sibling photography session, keep in mind my top tips here… and remember, white can be stylish and sweet!